Digital Project Manager, Crowd Favorite
Digital Project Manager
Company: Crowd Favorite
The Project Manager will work with our creative and development teams to manage resourcing and budget spend on assigned projects, thereby ensuring the team is set up to deliver on time and within budget. This exciting role requires superior attention to detail and out-of-this-world project management skills. A good sense of humor is also critical, as is the ability to be flexible – to change direction at a moment’s notice. Our ideal candidate possesses the ability to complete complex tasks, to react with appropriate urgency to situations requiring quick turnaround, and to be able to take action, sometimes with limited information.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the execution, management and quality control of multiple complex projects from concept to completion.
- You’ll define, plan, schedule, communicate, and manage project plans, applying creative and strategic thinking, and technical and project management skills to ensure client satisfaction and project success. Serving as a main point of contact to the client, you’ll be responsible for clarifying strategic requirements, explaining complex ideas, building relationships, and managing expectations.
- Develop and document project parameters, including scope, schedule, budgets, specifications. Create, update and monitor project plans for all projects.
- Closely monitor budgets, and establish project plans and processes to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages, or efficiency issues.
- Regularly conduct and lead kick-off and status meetings with clients and internal team, ensuring thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project.
- Pro-actively grow client relationships by understanding and being sensitive to all aspects of their business, anticipating their needs and proposing appropriate solutions that fit within their budget.
- Drive the project team to meet the agreed upon timelines, maintaining the critical path and overseeing the project budget.
- Report on progress and obstacles. Work cross-functionally to resolve issues impacting timelines, costs, and project quality.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to meet project milestones and internal team needs.
- Create and drive project status reporting and meetings as communication and management tools to ensure project health and to provide transparency to risks and issues requiring stakeholder support and action.
- Day-to-day creation, management, and oversight of assigned projects, including resource assignment, budget tracking, issue management, and timeline management.
- Foster strong working relationships with project and client teams to ensure quality project deliverables.
- Ensure all project-related data is kept current and accurate, including resource, tasks and budget information.
What you have:
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented. Capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills, capable of orchestrating win-win solutions between stakeholders and the project team.
- Creative problem-solving skills, as well as a knack for numbers and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new content domains quickly, visualize and simplify complex systems, and solve problems both analytically and creatively.
- Expert relationship building skills and a drive to maintain exceptional client relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to “steer” the project – to observe the current state, note what’s different from where the project should be, and redirect the project for success.
- Able to manage ambiguity – to make smart decisions with limited information.
- Expert project management skills (scope, time, estimating, and budget management).
- Experience managing interactive projects using web, mobile and email technologies.
- 3+ years strong project management experience at a distributed web development company.
- Experience and proficiency using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and online collaboration tools (Slack, Smartsheets, Google Drive and Dropbox) and other PM type tools.
- PMP and/or Agile certification preferred.
- The Autonomy. We’re not looking for order-followers. You’ll be given responsibility and flexibility to make your own decisions.
- The Balance. Crowd Favorite isn’t a boiler room. We’d generally rather you work smart and take time to recharge.
- The Favoriteers. You’ll be part of a real team. We’re a tight-knit group that respects and supports each other. You’ll know your team has your back - one for all and all for one!
- The perks. We offer a competitive benefits package, plus you can work from home or from our company cabin in Breckenridge, CO. Need we say more?