Executive Assistant (Remote), TNTP
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Remote)
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide responsive and savvy administrative support to help TNTP’s Leadership Team work more efficiently, so they can focus on the organization’s most critical priorities. You will be exposed to a broad perspective on the organization’s work and will have the opportunity to regularly interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including board members, TNTP staff, clients, press, irreplaceable teachers, and other VIPs.
What you'll do:
- Calendar management for group leadership teams, comprised of Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs) and Vice Presidents (VPs), including:
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls, gathering and sharing appropriate background/preparatory material, and coordinating offsite meeting logistics
- Structuring VP/EVP schedules and reconciling day to day tasks with his or her evolving priorities
- Identifying opportunities to increase VP’s/EVP’s efficiency through thoughtful time management
- Schedule travel and coordinate arrangements
- Complete and submit timesheets, expense reports, and vendor invoices
- Collaborate with EVPs, VPs, and other TNTP staff to plan and execute logistics for department and team meetings, retreats, and professional development opportunities
- Communicate regularly via email and phone with a variety of stakeholders including TNTP staff and other education leaders
- Take meeting notes and share next steps with collaborators as needed
- Model TNTP’s culture to all
What you have:
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support for executives and senior leaders
- Experience leading peers and defining best practice
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Excellent calendar management, event planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Advanced MS Office skills and aptitude to quickly learn web-based software applications for expenses, invoices, and internal knowledge management
- Expert multi-tasking ability, including the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism and customer service in all interactions
- The ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Prior experience working in a virtual environment and supporting multiple stakeholders virtually (preferred)
This job is remote.
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
TNTP is a national non-profit that has reimagined teaching. We believe great teaching is transformative and that teachers, more than any other factor in education, have the greatest impact on whether or not a student will succeed in school. We were founded by teachers and they are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching happens in every classroom.
TNTP’s leaders bring to the organization over 150 years of collective experience in education and organizational management. Their experience as education policy experts, as executives, and as public school teachers guides them in shaping the organization’s goals, services and strategy.