Digital Marketing Associate (Freelance, Part-Time), CanIRank
Digital Marketing Associate
Have you ever commented on a complete stranger’s blog just to provide some helpful info? Do you get a little kick out of being able to help answer a friend’s query on social media? Are bloggers some of your closest friends, even though you’ve never met IRL? Does Reddit look to you for creative inspiration?
If so, we’d love to speak with you about joining our fast-growing digital marketing agency as our new Digital Marketing Associate!
What you'll do:
Impressive title, but what would you actually do? In short, you’ll work with a team of talented online marketing specialists in SEO, Content Strategy, Social Media, PR, Community Relations, and promotion to execute on cutting-edge organic growth marketing strategies for our clients, typically small and medium-sized businesses, startups, and niche ecommerce stores.
A typical day’s work might include tasks such as pitching a journalist, relationship building with industry bloggers, optimizing a new product page for both conversions and search engine rankings, debugging a WordPress duplicate content issue, and revising a client website’s information architecture.
Yep, that’s a lot! We’re big on continuous improvement here at CanIRank, so stick with us and you can expect to build a pretty impressive roster of online marketing skills, including social media, SEO, PR, and content marketing.
As you gain experience we’ll help you develop a specialty and in-depth expertise in one online marketing area, and ultimately to take the lead developing marketing strategy for a client and leading other consultants in its execution.
What you have:
- 1-5 years professional work experience, or internships of extraordinary relevance and quality
- Exceptional persuasive-writing ability: your college application essay made the Dean cry, and your status updates win more “likes” than a skateboarding puppy doing the Harlem Shake.
- Citizen Web: you have a strong affinity for internet culture, spend time contributing and sharing online, and may even have dabbled in WordPress, HTML, web design, or coding.
- Startup compatibility: you’re comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
- Passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Self-disciplined: you prefer to structure your own tasks, all the better to try out that new hyper-productivity system you read about last weekend
- Virtually extraverted: it’s OK if you’re shy at parties, but on the internet you’re not afraid to speak up, always remembering that there’s a real person on the other side of your monitor, and connecting in an authentic manner whether you’re pitching a TechCrunch writer or helping Milfred find a new web host for her gluten free dog biscuit store.
Our company Open Development, Inc. is a fast-growing startup offering a unique “software+service” model to help startups and SMEs improve the performance of their website with greater effectiveness and lower cost than a traditional marketing agency. You can think of our software side as something like Siri for your website, or “an online marketing expert in a box”, offered through partners like domain registrars and web hosts, as well as through our own brands CanIRank and Growth AI. Our Full Service marketing agency half is like “Uber for online marketing”, with a distributed team of online marketing professionals working together on the opportunities identified by the software.
By combining the power of machine learning and a specialized on-demand workforce, we help SMEs compete with the mega-corporations like Amazon and Walmart, and prevent the web from turning into just another Big Brand strip mall.
This is a remote work, flex-time position starting at $15-20/hr with hours ranging from 20-40 hrs/ week. Additional benefits include 6 weeks paid training, a learning stipend, technology stipend, performance bonuses, and the opportunity to work with some pretty badass digital marketers! Ideal candidates should have full-time or near full-time availability, and are looking to grow with the company long-term as they rise through the ranks of a digital marketing agency.